Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sometimes

Sometimes
Sometimes being alone isn't that bad.
My bed is comfortable when I'm sleeping.
It's warm and smells of perfume and fresh sheets.
I go to bed early
and read from a couple of books on his side of the bed.
When I read poems about other couples,
I feel like I don't have anything worth writing.
Sometimes one of them dies,
and the poem means even more than before.
They say things I can understand,
but can never write about.

Sometimes I move the books and someone sleeps there,
but it's not like them; the other's poems are better.
I can't talk about the time it took,
to give significance to their poem.
One line might have taken twenty years to say.
They are something that lasts forever.

Although, sometimes I read
about temporary love,
and the poetry can be satisfying,
but in a different way,
sometimes it's only sex
that satisfies the poet in variety of ways.
It might be his or her ego,
or maybe its make believe love.
After I read several of these poems
from different poets,
I turn out the lights.
Sometimes I feel a tear in my eye
then I fall asleep.

No comments: